Delhi gangrape: PM asks Home Minister to ensure sense of security
Manmohan Singh asked Sushil Kumar Shinde to take measures to see that there is no recurrence of such horrific crimes.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday directed Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to ensure sense of security in Delhi and see that incidents like last Sunday's gang-rape do not recur. The directive came when Shinde called Singh to brief him on the situation in the aftermath of the gangrape incident, sources said.
Shinde told the Prime Minister that he was personally monitoring the situation. Sources said the Prime Minister told Shinde that he should ensure a sense of security in the capital, whose law and order is the direct responsibility of the Home Minister.
Singh asked Shinde to take all measures to see that there is no recurrence of the incidents like the recent gangrape of 23-year-old girl who was also brutally assaulted by the six accused.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Team India Series Report Card
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Launched, Shipping Starts April 21
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?