Delhi gangrape: Police to file reply on bail plea
Accused Akshay Singh said in his plea he was the only bread earner and there is no one else to look after his wife and minor kid.
New Delhi: A fast-track court on Monday sought Delhi Police's reply on the plea of one of the accused in the December 16 gangrape case for 15 days interim bail on the ground he has see his ailing mother in a hospital. Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna asked the police to file its reply by Tuesday on accused Akshay Singh's plea to visit his mother, who he says is in a critical stage in a hospital in Aurangabad.
He said he was the only bread earner and there is no one else to even look after his wife and minor kid. Akshay has said that he will abide by the court's order and will not run away or jump the bail conditions imposed upon him.
The court it will decide on the application only after police file its reply. Meanwhile, during the day's proceedings, accused Mukesh's counsel ML Sharma has moved an application seeking action against a police official saying he has recorded his "false" statement on oath in the case.
The judge has also asked the police to file its reply on it by Tuesday. Meanwhile, the court recorded the statement of a prosecution witness, a Delhi Police official. During the cross-examination of the police official, the lawyer has claimed that they had planted evidence in the bus as no gangrape took place on the night of December 16.
Claiming that the accused persons have been falsely implicated in the case, the counsel said the police has forced them to sign on blank paper and wrote false statements on their behalf.
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund