Delhi gangrape: Protesters divided on course of agitation
One person was detained when a section of protesters tried to march towards India Gate.
New Delhi: Divisions emerged among people protesting at Jantar Mantar here over the course of agitation, with one group insisting that they should defy prohibitory orders while the other saying they should not do so.
A section of the protesters at Jantar Mantar, including cartoonist Aseem Trivedi, wanted to march towards India Gate in the evening for a candlelight vigil. However, another section was against the proposal saying they should not do so following Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's appeal for calm.
One person was detained when a section of protesters tried to march towards India Gate. "There are differences, different views among protesters. It is sad. We wanted to go to India Gate but we were prevented," Trivedi said.
Pallavi, a protester who was opposed to going to India Gate said, they were in the movement from the beginning and people like Trivedi were trying to take away leadership of the protest.
Recommended For You
- KTM Duke Launch Live: 2017 Duke 390, Duke 200 and a Possible Duke 250
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1