Delhi gangrape: Protesters divided on course of agitation
One person was detained when a section of protesters tried to march towards India Gate.
New Delhi: Divisions emerged among people protesting at Jantar Mantar here over the course of agitation, with one group insisting that they should defy prohibitory orders while the other saying they should not do so.
A section of the protesters at Jantar Mantar, including cartoonist Aseem Trivedi, wanted to march towards India Gate in the evening for a candlelight vigil. However, another section was against the proposal saying they should not do so following Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's appeal for calm.
One person was detained when a section of protesters tried to march towards India Gate. "There are differences, different views among protesters. It is sad. We wanted to go to India Gate but we were prevented," Trivedi said.
Pallavi, a protester who was opposed to going to India Gate said, they were in the movement from the beginning and people like Trivedi were trying to take away leadership of the protest.
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Gauhar Khan Joins Badrinath Ki Dulhania Cast
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control