Delhi gangrape: Two accused seek bail
Accused Vinay Sharma sought his bail saying that due to the case, his studies were being "affected".
New Delhi: Two of the accused involved in the December 16 gangrape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus in New Delhi sought bail from a fast-track court. Accused Mukesh and Vinay Sharma, two of the five adult accused who had allegedly gangraped the girl, have moved their bail applications in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna who is conducting the proceedings behind closed doors, their counsel told the media persons outside the court room.
Mukesh's bail plea to attend the post-death rituals of his elder brother Ram Singh, also an accused who had allegedly committed suicide in his prison in Tihar jail on March 11 was filed by his advocate ML Sharma. Accused Vinay Sharma has also moved his bail application through his counsel AP Singh saying he is a BA first year student and that due to the case his studies were being "affected", Vinay's counsel claimed.
"Mukesh should be given 15 days interim bail so that he can attend the post-death rituals of his brother, which is scheduled for March 25-26 at his village in Rajasthan," his counsel said. However, both the counsel said that they have given their submissions in the court.
The court, which has till date recorded statements of 55 witnesses in the case, on Thursday concluded recording of statement of the 60th prosecution witness in the case. With the proceedings against the main accused Ram Singh having abated after his death on March 11, the remaining four adult accused Mukesh, Vinay, Akshay Singh and Pawan Gupta are facing trial in the case for rape and murder of the girl.
The sixth accused in the case is a juvenile and therefore is facing proceedings before the Juvenile Justice Board. The girl had died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital due to the grievous injuries she suffered when she was brutally assaulted by the six accused.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- SP Meet Turns into Family Drama, Akhilesh & Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls