Delhi gangrape: What the main accused told police
Ram Singh tried to destroy the evidence by washing the bus and also asked his accomplices not to talk about the incident.
New Delhi: Ram Singh, main accused in the gangrape of a 23-year-old girl from Dehradun, has told the police that he had brutally assaulted her because she had resisted his attempt to rape her and bitten him. According to police sources, Singh was drunk and he lost his cool when the girl bit him. After he was bitten he and his friends started beating the girl and her male friend with iron rods.
Ram Singh revealed shocking and surprising details to the police during interrogation. According to police sources Ram Singh made the plan to strip the girl and her male friend, and then threw them out of bus after raping the girl. He had also snatched three mobile phones belonging to the girl and her friend so that they could not dial anyone for help.
Initially Singh denied the allegations and charges, but he broke down after sustained grilling by the police. He tried to destroy the evidence by washing the bus and also asked his accomplices not to talk about the incident. He parked the bus at RK Puram and later took it to its owner in Noida.
A Delhi court on Tuesday sent Ram Singh to police custody for five days, even as the Delhi Police decided that all the six culprits would also be charged with attempt to murder along with rape.
The victim continues to be in a very critical condition with doctors attending to her saying that her injuries are severe and unusual which the hospital has never seen. Her medical bulletin says that she has received severe genital and intestinal injuries due to the gangrape and assault by the accused.
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Watch: Dengue Plagues Police Station in Mumbai
- 'Rick and Morty' Creator Justin Roiland Announces 'Accounting' Game
- Nobody Employed Me, Says Gulzar on Screenplay Sabbatical
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- LeT Joins Hands With ISIS To Infiltrate Subcontinent
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900