DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi girl punished at school; dies in coma
11-year-old child was beaten, made to stand in sun.
New Delhi: Eleven-year-old Shano Khan, who had slipped into a coma after she was punished by her school teacher, died here Friday. The police have not registered a case yet.
Shano slipped into a coma Wednesday after her class teacher Manju in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) primary school in Narela in north Delhi made her stand in the sun for more than an hour for failing to recite the alphabet.
The girl was shifted to the Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan Hospital Thursday evening after her condition deteriorated.
"We have not registered a case in the matter as yet. We are waiting for the medical report," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer Delhi) Atul Katiyar told IANS while confirming that the girl had died.
Shano's father, Mohammed Ayub Khan, said: "Police have not yet registered a complaint in the matter. The MCD has suspended the teacher who punished Shano but this will not bring our daughter back."
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish