Delhi: Harassed by in-laws, man commits suicide
Humiliated and depressed, the man hung himself, leaving behind a seven page suicide note in which he has blamed his in-laws for driving him to take the extreme step.
New Delhi: A 27-year-old man committed suicide in Delhi on Tuesday, depressed over being beaten by his in-laws and his wife's refusal to return home from her parents' house. Lokesh, a makeup artist got married in 2012 to Sheetal, who works in a tour and travel company. However, differences started arising within a few months and having a child did not help matters either.
According to Lokesh's family, Sheetal would spend most of her days in her parents' house in Mori Gate in north Delhi instead of her in-laws house in Shahdara in east Delhi. This led to arguments between the couple. On May 14, Sheetal's family visited her in-laws house and assaulted Lokesh. They took away Sheetal, leaving her eight month old baby boy behind, alleged his family.
Lokesh decided to bring back his wife and visited her home Monday. However, he was again assaulted and Sheetal refused to return with him. Humiliated and depressed, Lokesh hung himself, leaving behind a seven page suicide note in which he has blamed his in-laws for driving him to take the extreme step.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor