Delhi HC blast: Court frames charges against Malik
The NIA court has framed charges under Sections 302, 120b, 307, 323, 325, 436, 440 and various sections of the UAP Act and Arms act.
New Delhi: A special NIA court has framed charges against 2011 Delhi High Court blast accused Wasim Akram Malik under Sections 302, 120b, 307, 323, 325, 436, 440 and various sections of the UAP Act and Arms act.
Nearly 15 people were killed in the blast that took place on September 7.
The terror attack at the Delhi High Court was plotted with an aim to get the death sentence of Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru commuted to life term, the NIA had said.
The chargesheet against the six accused was filed under various sections of the IPC dealing with murder, criminal conspiracy, waging war against the nation, attempt to murder, causing grievous hurt and others.
Besides Malik, Amir Abbas Dev was also arrested by NIA for his alleged role in the blast at the Delhi high court's reception. During the proceedings, he had turned an approver for the probe agency.
The third person arrested in this case is juvenile.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Jordanian Writer Assassinated Over Controversial Cartoon
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Colombia government, rebels to set up truth commission
- Colombia rebels free captives held for 12 years