Delhi HC blast accused Dev's custody extended
The court extended the judicial custody of Dev after the NIA said the probe in the case was still going on.
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday extended till February 13 the judicial custody of suspected terrorist Amir Abbas Dev who was arrested for his alleged role in the September 7, 2011 blast outside the Delhi High Court premises.
Dev was produced before District Judge HS Sharma during an in-chamber hearing after expiry of his two-week judicial remand.
The court extended the judicial custody of Dev after the National Investigation Agency (NIA) said the probe in the case was still going on, court sources said.
Another co-accused in the case Wasim Akram Malik, who is currently in jail under judicial custody, would be produced before the court on Tuesday.
Dev, a native of Jammu and Kashmir, was arrested by the NIA on the charge of sending terror e-mails to media groups after the September 7 blast which killed 17 people and injured over 90 others.
A magistrate had earlier recorded Dev's statement under Section 164 of the CrPC in an in-camera proceeding.
A statement recorded by a magistrate under section 164 of the CrPC bars the accused from resiling from it on his depositions during the trial and make him liable for prosecution for perjury if he does so.
Regarding Malik, the probe agency had said that he was a 'key link' in the conspiracy behind the blast outside gate number 5 of the High Court.
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham