Delhi: Man arrested for raping 18-year-old girl
The accused left the girl in Shakarpur on Sunday and threatened her with dire consequences if she told her family members or police about the incident.
New Delhi: An 18-year-old girl was kept confined at an unidentified place in New Delhi by her former landlord's son who raped her repeatedly for 12 days, said police Thursday. Her attacker has been arrested and hunt is now on for a woman who played a key role in the crime, police said.
On the complaint of the victim's family, her alleged attacker Naushaad was arrested on Wednesday from east Delhi's Shakarpur area.
"On January 23, the girl, who resides in Shakarpur, had gone to purchase medicines from nearby area where the accused met her and took her in his car at a secluded place," said a police officer.
"The victim met an unknown woman at the place. The woman offered her a cold drink laced with sedatives. When the victim regained consciousness, she found herself raped. Since then, she was confined to the room and raped repeatedly for 12 days," said the officer citing the victim's complaint.
The accused left the girl in Shakarpur on Sunday and threatened her with dire consequences if she told her family members or police about the incident. After reaching home, the victim told her family members who approached police.
After arresting Naushad, police are trying to find out the hideout of the woman who had helped the youth in the crime.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif