Delhi: Man involved in murder, extortion arrested
The assault took place Jan 23, 2013, following which the accused along with family members fled from the area.
New Delhi: An accused in several cases of murder, extortion and land grabbing has been arrested in Delhi, police said on Saturday. Harsimran Singh, 25, was arrested from north Delhi's Shalimar Bagh area on the intervening night of May 30-31 after police received a tip-off about him.
According to police, Singh had attacked the former president of a Resident Welfare Association (RWA) in Shalimar Bagh.
"He (Singh) would extort money from street vendors in the area after his mother became the RWA president. When the former president threatened to file a police complaint, he attacked him with an intention to kill," a police official said.
The assault took place Jan 23, 2013, following which Singh along with family members fled from the area.
Constant raids in Punjab, Uttarakhand and Delhi forced his parents to surrender before the police, however, Singh could not be arrested.
While on the run, he got involved in four murder cases and several land grabbing cases in the capital, police said.
Two of his associates - Manoj and Vijay - have already been arrested by the police.
Recommended For You
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology