Delhi: Man jumps before Metro train, escapes
The incident led to train services on the blue line (Noida City Centre-Dwarka) being disrupted for about 20 minutes.
New Delhi: A 40-year-old man jumped in front of a Delhi Metro train in New Delhi on Sunday evening but escaped without any serious injury due to the driver's prompt action in stopping, officials said. The incident led to train services on the blue line (Noida City Centre-Dwarka) being disrupted for about 20 minutes.
"Asif, a resident of Sadar Bazar, was standing at platform number 2 on R.K. Ashram Marg Metro Station, in central Delhi, when he suddenly jumped onto the tracks in front of the train heading towards Dwarka," said a Metro official. The alert train driver, seeing a man on the track, instantly applied the brakes, the official said.
Asif was admitted to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital where his condition was said to be out of danger. Police said no suicide note was found on him and they were waiting for his statement to ascertain the reason for his action.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology