DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi: Man molests woman home guard on DTC bus
Police said the accused was handed over to police after he was beaten up by other passengers on the bus.
New Delhi: A 25-year-old woman home guard was molested inside a Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus in New Delhi on Wednesday, police said. The accused was thrashed by a mob, hospitalised and later booked.
The incident took place in a low-floor bus in east Delhi's Madhu Vihar area.
Police said the accused, Ranjit, 32, was handed over to police after he was beaten up by other passengers on the bus.
His leg had a fracture and he was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital, said a police officer. He was discharged after treatment and booked for molestation.
The incident took place after the home guard, in uniform, boarded a bus plying between Anand Vihar and Mehrauli to go to a police station where she was posted. As soon as the bus reached Indraprastha Extension, the accused started misbehaving with her.
When she resisted, he even threatened to abduct her, said the officer.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Pakistan - Strengths and Weaknesses
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh