Delhi: Man molests woman home guard on DTC bus
Police said the accused was handed over to police after he was beaten up by other passengers on the bus.
New Delhi: A 25-year-old woman home guard was molested inside a Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus in New Delhi on Wednesday, police said. The accused was thrashed by a mob, hospitalised and later booked.
The incident took place in a low-floor bus in east Delhi's Madhu Vihar area.
Police said the accused, Ranjit, 32, was handed over to police after he was beaten up by other passengers on the bus.
His leg had a fracture and he was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital, said a police officer. He was discharged after treatment and booked for molestation.
The incident took place after the home guard, in uniform, boarded a bus plying between Anand Vihar and Mehrauli to go to a police station where she was posted. As soon as the bus reached Indraprastha Extension, the accused started misbehaving with her.
When she resisted, he even threatened to abduct her, said the officer.
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorist Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches