Delhi: Man molests woman home guard on DTC bus
Police said the accused was handed over to police after he was beaten up by other passengers on the bus.
New Delhi: A 25-year-old woman home guard was molested inside a Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus in New Delhi on Wednesday, police said. The accused was thrashed by a mob, hospitalised and later booked.
The incident took place in a low-floor bus in east Delhi's Madhu Vihar area.
Police said the accused, Ranjit, 32, was handed over to police after he was beaten up by other passengers on the bus.
His leg had a fracture and he was taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital, said a police officer. He was discharged after treatment and booked for molestation.
The incident took place after the home guard, in uniform, boarded a bus plying between Anand Vihar and Mehrauli to go to a police station where she was posted. As soon as the bus reached Indraprastha Extension, the accused started misbehaving with her.
When she resisted, he even threatened to abduct her, said the officer.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone