Delhi: Man sexually assaults physically-challenged minor
The accused lured the standard 8 student when she was alone at her house and took her to a factory where he worked.
New Delhi: A man allegedly kidnapped, sexually assaulted and kept hostage for two days his physically-challenged minor neighbour before she was rescued by the police on Wednesday.
The accused, Ranjit, lured the victim, an eighth standard student in a government school, on Sunday evening when she was alone at her house in Kanti Nagar near Krishna Nagar in east Delhi.
The accused has been arrested after the girl's parents complained to police that their daughter was missing and that they feared that Ranjit might have kidnapped her. During investigations, police came to know that Ranjit had lured her to a factory where he is employed as a daily-wage labourer.
Police also learnt that he sexually assaulted the girl more than once in the past two days and kept her in a room in the factory. He had also threatened her with dire consequences if she spoke about the incident. Police located the factory and managed to nab Ranjit from near the factory.
"During questioning, he admitted to having abducted and sexually assaulted her. He then directed us to the spot where he had held her hostage," a senior police official said, adding that a medical examination confirmed sexual assault.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology