DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi Half Marathon: Kenya's Edwin wins Men's category
From the women's category, Ethiopia's Yimer Wude won the marathon, in an hour, 11 minutes and 10 seconds.
New Delhi: Kenya's Edwin Kipyego won the men's elite section in the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon on Sunday. In the women's category, Ethiopia's Yimer Wude came out on top. Meanwhile, among the Indian participants, Rahul Kumar Pal finished on top in the men's category, while Sudha Singh won in the women's category.
The marathon, which began at 6.30 am in the morning at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in central Delhi, featured 20 international athletes, eight of whom were women. Leading the run was World and Olympic 800 metre record holder David Rudisha.
The total prize money of the race is USD 2,01,000. While Kipyego crossed the finishing line in one hour and 55 seconds, Wude clocked in an hour, 11 minutes and 10 seconds.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO