Delhi Metro to Get Power From MP Solar Plant
A mega solar power plant being established in Rewa district in Madhya Pradesh would be offering power to run the Delhi Metro.
Image for representation only.
Rewa: A mega solar power plant being established in Rewa district in Madhya Pradesh would be offering power to run the Delhi Metro.
MP Power Management Company, Delhi Metro Corporation and three private companies inked power purchased agreement on Monday.
To be commissioned in year 2018, the power plant is being said to be the biggest in Asia.
It would offer 24% power to Delhi Metro and remainder 74% would be kept by Madhya Pradesh, according to the agreement signed in the presence of chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and union minister for power Piyush Goyal.
Goyal said that the solar power plant would be offering cheap solar power, adding that one lakh MW solar power would be available in the country by the end of 2022.
Union minister Venkaiah Naidu on the occasion said that it was unfortunate that so many years have elapsed after independence but 18,000 villages in India still don’t have power connectivity.
Recommended For You
- Is Shah Rukh Khan Having A Fourth Kid? Find Out Here
- Bigg Boss 11: Vikas Gupta Filed A Criminal Case Against Shilpa Shinde? BB11 Mastermind Clarifies
- IPL Auction: All You Need to Know About the Big Days
- These Chinese Quiz Games Are Offering Millions of Cash Prizes For 10-Second Rapid Fire Questions
- Stop Monkeying Around, Farhan Akhtar & Prakash Raj Tell Satyapal Singh; Minister Defiant