Delhi Metro to set up hostel for its women staff
DMRC has cancelled the annual celebrations at the Metro Museum in view of recent incidents in the city.
New Delhi: Delhi Metro will soon have a working women's hostel for its staff staying alone in the capital, a move that comes in the backdrop of the brutal gangrape and assault of a 23-year-old paramedical student. The new age transport system has also cancelled the annual celebrations at the Metro Museum and other events relating to the New Year in view of recent incidents in the city.
"Managing Director Mangu Singh has ordered setting up of working women's hostel for DMRC's lady staff staying alone in the city," DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
Delhi Metro has a number of women staff in all spheres including Train Operators. Dayal also said Singh has ordered the cancellation of the Metro Museum Anniversary and other celebrations.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors