Delhi Metro to set up hostel for its women staff
DMRC has cancelled the annual celebrations at the Metro Museum in view of recent incidents in the city.
New Delhi: Delhi Metro will soon have a working women's hostel for its staff staying alone in the capital, a move that comes in the backdrop of the brutal gangrape and assault of a 23-year-old paramedical student. The new age transport system has also cancelled the annual celebrations at the Metro Museum and other events relating to the New Year in view of recent incidents in the city.
"Managing Director Mangu Singh has ordered setting up of working women's hostel for DMRC's lady staff staying alone in the city," DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
Delhi Metro has a number of women staff in all spheres including Train Operators. Dayal also said Singh has ordered the cancellation of the Metro Museum Anniversary and other celebrations.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- 'Rick and Morty' Creator Justin Roiland Announces 'Accounting' Game