DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi Metro to set up hostel for its women staff
DMRC has cancelled the annual celebrations at the Metro Museum in view of recent incidents in the city.
New Delhi: Delhi Metro will soon have a working women's hostel for its staff staying alone in the capital, a move that comes in the backdrop of the brutal gangrape and assault of a 23-year-old paramedical student. The new age transport system has also cancelled the annual celebrations at the Metro Museum and other events relating to the New Year in view of recent incidents in the city.
"Managing Director Mangu Singh has ordered setting up of working women's hostel for DMRC's lady staff staying alone in the city," DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
Delhi Metro has a number of women staff in all spheres including Train Operators. Dayal also said Singh has ordered the cancellation of the Metro Museum Anniversary and other celebrations.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings