Delhi minor rape: Activists protest near India Gate
The protesters shouted slogans against Delhi Police and government and demanded stringent punishment for the culprit.
New Delhi: Women and student activists on Sunday converged near India Gate, which had witnessed large scale anti-rape protests in December 2012, demanding justice for the five-year-old rape survivor in the national capital. Student protesters from JNU tried to march towards India Gate but were prevented from moving closer.
They staged protests near Patiala House court complex. Some students were stopped near Taj Mansingh hotel.
Women activists also reached near India Gate in a march from Central Secretariat breaking barricades erected on way. However, they were stopped near India Gate where they staged the protest.
The protesters shouted slogans against Delhi Police and government and demanded stringent punishment for the culprit and policemen who refused to help the victim and her family. India Gate and Rajpath had witnessed violent protests in December 2012 when thousands of activists had converged there against the brutal rape and assault on a young Delhi girl, who died later, in a moving bus in south Delhi.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology