Delhi minor rape: I have committed a big mistake, says accused
Pradeep, a 19-year-old "illiterate" who works as a mason in Delhi, was arrested from his maternal uncle's house in Bihar on Monday.
Lakhisarai (Bihar): "I have committed a big mistake." This was how Pradeep Kumar, the second person arrested in connection with the rape of a five-year-old girl, responded when asked how he felt about the crime.
Pradeep, a 19-year-old "illiterate" who works as a mason in Delhi, was arrested from his maternal uncle's house in Bihar in the wee hours on Monday. According to his friend Manoj, who was arrested two days ago, they had consumed alcohol at his house in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar on April 15.
Manoj claimed that Pradeep had insisted on bringing a girl to the house and he went out and lured the five-year-old girl living in the same building with a chocolate, police said in Delhi. He had also claimed that they fled from the house after strangulating the victim, fearing that she will tell her parents about the crime. The duo left her thinking she was dead, police said.
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 3: Whose Side is Swami Om on? Sevaks or Maliks?
- Dangal Trailer: Aamir Khan's Film Is All Set to Challenge Gender Stereotypes
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan
- As It Happened: India Vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders
- Pep Guardiola Denies Trying to Take Messi, Neymar to Manchester City
- Big B, Manoj Bajpayee, Jackie Shroff: Meet The Starcast of Sarkar 3