Delhi minor rape: Metro shuts Race Course station
The station was closed at 6:45 pm, hours after a group of AAP activists tried to stage protest at 7, Race Course Road.
New Delhi: Delhi Metro closed down its Race Course station near Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's residence for public Sunday evening anticipating protests against the rape of a five-year-old girl.
The station was closed at 6:45 pm, hours after a group of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) activists tried to stage protest at 7, Race Course Road, residence of the PM, demanding the removal of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar in connection with the incident.
The closing down of the station came after instructions from Delhi Police, a Delhi Metro official said. "There is no definite time period as to when the station will be opened again, it could be opened tonight or tomorrow," the official said.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology