Delhi minor rape: Metro shuts Race Course station
The station was closed at 6:45 pm, hours after a group of AAP activists tried to stage protest at 7, Race Course Road.
New Delhi: Delhi Metro closed down its Race Course station near Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's residence for public Sunday evening anticipating protests against the rape of a five-year-old girl.
The station was closed at 6:45 pm, hours after a group of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) activists tried to stage protest at 7, Race Course Road, residence of the PM, demanding the removal of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar in connection with the incident.
The closing down of the station came after instructions from Delhi Police, a Delhi Metro official said. "There is no definite time period as to when the station will be opened again, it could be opened tonight or tomorrow," the official said.
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Sacks Shivpal, 3 Other Ministers From Cabinet; Says Party is One
- Akhilesh is Not Forming a New Party: Shivpal Yadav's Son
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 3 in Abu Dhabi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Deserve Another Shot at International Cricket, Says Saeed Ajmal
- Whenever We Planned To Play India, Something Happens: PCB