DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi: Officer's feet bitten by rats in hospital
The incident came to light when the hospital authorities found the paralysed legs of the officer bleeding due to rat bites.
New Delhi: The feet of a paralysed Special Forces officer was bitten by rats in the Base Hospital in New Delhi after which the Army has ordered an inquiry into the incident to fix responsibility. The young Lieutenant belonging to an elite Para (Special Forces) battalion of the force was admitted in the Army Base Hospital after he was injured in a counter-terrorist operation in Jammu and Kashmir about three weeks ago.
The incident came to light when the hospital authorities found the paralysed legs of the officer bleeding due to rat bites, Army sources said. An inquiry has been ordered into the incident and strict action would be taken against whosoever is found to be responsible for the incident, they said.
The sources said the bite wounds of the officers have been dressed and all possible attention is being paid towards his health condition. Army Base Hospital is a referral centre for several trauma-related cases of the Services personnel. A detailed report is being sought from the Base Hospital also and strict instructions have been given to maintain hygienic conditions there.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Feels India Well-Equipped to Defend Champions Trophy Crown
- Andy Murray Struggles With Illness on French Open Eve: Reports
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment