DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi: Over 80 arrested for cyber crimes in 2009-11
Over 80 people were arrested in Delhi in cyber crime related cases during 2009-11, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
New Delhi: Over 80 people were arrested in Delhi in cyber crime related cases during 2009-11, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
In a written answer, Minister of State for Home Affairs RPN Singh said, 81 people were arrested for cyber crimes, of which 42 were arrested under the Information Technology (IT) Act and 39 under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) between 2009 and 2011.
In addition, 96 cases were registered under the IT Act and another 61 under the IPC during the same period.
"A major programme has been initiated on development of cyber forensic tools, setting up of infrastructure for investigation and training of the users, particularly police and judicial officers to collect and analyse the digital evidence and present them in courts," said Singh.
A cyber forensic training lab has been set up at the training academy of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to impart basic and advanced training in cyber forensics and investigation of cyber crime to police officers associated with CBI, he added.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users