Delhi Police Constable arrested for shooting a friend
A case under the section 307 (attempt to murder) and 34 (common intention) of Indian Penal Code has been registered.
New Delhi: A constable allegedly opened fire at his 25-year-old friend in police quarters in New Delhi after an argument over some petty issue.
The incident was reported from Jagatpuri Complex, which is also used as police barracks, at around 10:30 PM on Saturday and the injured has been identified as Rakesh. His condition is stated to be critical but stable.
Constable Ranvir Tomar, Rakesh and another friend Udaiveer had gone to the former's place where they consumed alcohol. A scuffle broke out among them over some petty issue. Tomar allegedly opened fire and Rakesh was injured. Udaiveer fled from the scene after the incident but was later apprehended.
Tomar was arrested and a case of attempt to murder and common intention was registered.
Hearing the commotion, other policemen rushed towards the barrack and found Rakesh in a pool of blood. Rakesh, who suffered injuries on his face, was first taken to Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital and later shifted to Lok Nayak Jaya Prakash Narayan Hospital.
His condition is critical but stable. A case under the section 307 (attempt to murder) and 34 (common intention) of Indian Penal Code has been registered. A departmental inquiry has also been ordered.
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Xiaomi Mi 5S Might Get Snapdragon 821, 2K Display and 4GB RAM
- DU's 2nd Cut-off List Out, Considerable Drop In Marks In a Few Courses
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate