Delhi Police releases names, photos of sexual offenders since 1983
The list on the Delhi Police website, carrying 664 names, includes case details from 1983 to 2013.
New Delhi: The Delhi Police has released a list of sexual offenders from the year 1983 to 2013 on its website. The list, carrying 664 names, includes case details and even pictures of some of the sexual offenders.
Delhi has witnessed a surge in crime against women this year with rape cases recording s 158 per cent rise while molestation and harassment incidents went up by 600 and over 700 per cent, respectively. According to statistics released by Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar in April, 2013, the national capital reported 463 rape cases in 2013 till April 15 as against 179 during the same period in 2012.
The list by the Delhi Police came on a day when inquiry against the juvenile accused in the December 16 brutal gangrape and murder of a 23-year-old paramedic concluded before the Juvenile Justice Board, which reserved its order for July 11. After hearing the final arguments in the matter, the JJB reserved its order for July 11, saying the prosecution and defence could give any clarification they want to on that day, police sources said.
The government had in December 2012 decided to prepare a data base of all rape convicts across the country and had said their photographs, names and addresses would be made public. Minister of State for Home RPN Singh had directed the National Crime Records Bureau to prepare a directory of all rape convicts and upload their photographs, names and addresses on its website.
(With additional information from PTI)
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Intelligent, Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- Cyrus Mistry's Exit May Trigger Major Correction in Tata Stocks: Experts
- Shapoorji Pallonji Likely to Contest Cyrus Mistry's Ouster From Tata Sons
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry