Delhi: Rains likely to continue on Sunday, says MeT
The maximum and minimum temperature is likely to remain around 19 and 13 deg C respectively on Sunday.
New Delhi: Rains on Saturday lashed Delhi bringing down the day temperature by eight notches with winds further increasing the chill factor. The national capital witnessed a total of 18.6 mm of rains between 8.30 am on Friday and 5.30 pm on Saturday, MeT department said.
Rain gauge recorded 15.4 mm of rains in past 24 hours ending 8.30 am on Saturday, while 3.2 mm was recorded between 8.30 am and 5.30 pm. Rains led to sudden drop in maximum temperature, which was recorded at 16.1 degrees Celsius, eight degrees below normal, they said, adding the minimum temperature was recorded three degrees above normal at 13.7 degrees C.
MeT department has predicted a cloudy sky for on Sunday, with possibility of light rains or thundershowers in some areas in the morning. The maximum and minimum temperature is likely to remain around 19 and 13 deg C respectively.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3