DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi rape: Police probing if second person is involved
A senior police official said they will investigate whether any other person is involved in the incident.
New Delhi: The Delhi Police is investigating whether a second person was involved in the rape of a five-year-old girl, who is undergoing treatment in AIIMS. However, Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat issued a statement denying "rumours" of arresting a second accused or looking for him.
A senior police official said they will investigate whether any other person is involved in the incident either in raping the girl or helping the accused Manoj Kumar, who was arrested from Bihar, flee from the capital after the incident on April 15.
The girl was locked in his ground floor rented accommodation in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar by her 22-year-old neighbour Kumar on April 15 and brutally raped her before fleeing thinking that the girl is dead. "We are questioning Kumar. As of now he has not told us about a second accused. Further investigations and interrogation are on," the official said without ruling out the possibility of the emergence of a second person.
Kumar was brought to Delhi from Patna after his arrest from his in-laws' house in Muzaffarpur district. The rape has outraged the capital with many hitting the streets demanding justice for the victim and punishing policemen who were lax in helping the family.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande