'Delhi Safari' in competition for the Oscars
The final nominations will be announced on January 10, followed by a gala awards ceremony on February 24.
New Delhi: Indian animation films 'Delhi Safari' and 'Hey Krishna' (Krishna Aur Kans) have been submitted for shortlist for the best animated feature film category of the 85th Academy Awards. Nikhil Advani's 'Delhi Safari' and Vikram Vetturi's 'Hey Krishna' will compete with 21 other animation feature films to make it to the final nomination list of the prestigious awards ceremony, according to the official Oscar website oscars.org.
The list includes films like 'Adventures in Zambezia', 'Brave', 'Dr. Seuss' The Lorax', 'Frankenweenie', 'From Up on Poppy Hill', 'Hotel Transylvania', 'Ice Age Continental Drift', 'A Liar's Autobiography: The Untrue Story of Monty Python's Graham Chapman', 'Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted' and 'The Mystical Laws'.
Others in the list are 'The Painting', 'ParaNorman', 'The Pirates! Band of Misfits', 'The Rabbi's Cat', 'Rise of the Guardians', 'Secret of the Wings', 'Walter & Tandoori's Christmas', 'Wreck-It Ralph' and 'Zarafa'.
The final nominations will be announced Jan 10, followed by a gala awards ceremony Feb 24.
For the best foreign film category, India has sent Anurag Basu's 'Barfi!' for shortlist this year.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology