'Delhi Safari' in competition for the Oscars
The final nominations will be announced on January 10, followed by a gala awards ceremony on February 24.
New Delhi: Indian animation films 'Delhi Safari' and 'Hey Krishna' (Krishna Aur Kans) have been submitted for shortlist for the best animated feature film category of the 85th Academy Awards. Nikhil Advani's 'Delhi Safari' and Vikram Vetturi's 'Hey Krishna' will compete with 21 other animation feature films to make it to the final nomination list of the prestigious awards ceremony, according to the official Oscar website oscars.org.
The list includes films like 'Adventures in Zambezia', 'Brave', 'Dr. Seuss' The Lorax', 'Frankenweenie', 'From Up on Poppy Hill', 'Hotel Transylvania', 'Ice Age Continental Drift', 'A Liar's Autobiography: The Untrue Story of Monty Python's Graham Chapman', 'Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted' and 'The Mystical Laws'.
Others in the list are 'The Painting', 'ParaNorman', 'The Pirates! Band of Misfits', 'The Rabbi's Cat', 'Rise of the Guardians', 'Secret of the Wings', 'Walter & Tandoori's Christmas', 'Wreck-It Ralph' and 'Zarafa'.
The final nominations will be announced Jan 10, followed by a gala awards ceremony Feb 24.
For the best foreign film category, India has sent Anurag Basu's 'Barfi!' for shortlist this year.
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- 10,500 People Displaced Due to Mosul Operation: UN
- ISIS Driving Hundreds into Mosul, Using Them as Human Shields
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3