Delhi schools demanding donation: Parents
Many parents accuse the schools of not following the Education Department guidelines. According to the guidelines the school should issue Economically Weaker Sections quota and General quota together.
New Delhi: Guidelines issued by the Delhi Education Department on nursery admissions are being flouted by several schools in the national capital. Not only are complaints about arbitrariness by schools in the admission procedure pouring in, but several parents have also alleged that schools have been demanding hefty donation for admitting their wards.
Many parents accuse the schools of not following the Education Department guidelines. According to the guidelines the school should issue Economically Weaker Sections quota and General quota together. But some of the schools have released only the General quota list.
On January 4 the Education Department directed the schools to issue break-up of points, but even this is not been done. Parents also allege that schools have been demanding Rs 35, 000 to Rs 1 lakh as donation.
Even after Education Department's strict guidelines the schools are not following it and have been releasing the admission list on their websites. But till now neither the Delhi government nor the Education Department has taken any action against the schools.
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18