Delhi: Stopped from urinating in public, man kills girl
The man was the neighbour of the girl and was urinating outside her house. The mother of the girl was also injured in the incident.
New Delhi: A 17-year-old girl was killed and her mother critically injured after they tried to stop a man from urinating outside their house in New Delhi, police said on Thursday. "The incident was reported late on Wednesday evening at E-Block in Hazrat Nizamuddin of south Delhi," a police officer said.
Sadmani, 40, and her daughter Binno were at their house when their neighbour Javed came and started urinating outside the gate of their house, he said.
"When Sadmani tried to prevent him from the act, the accused allegedly started abusing her. Hearing the commotion, Binno also came outside the house," said the officer.
In the meantime, Javed took out a pistol and opened fire at Sadmani and her daughter. Sadmani received one bullet injury while her daughter received two in her abdomen, the police official said. Later, Javed fled from the scene, police said.
Both the victims were taken to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where doctors declared Binno dead on arrival. Binno was studying in Class 11 in a government school in Jangpura. "We have registered a case and have launched a hunt for Javed," Additional Commissioner of Police Ajay Chaudhary said.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'