DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi student succumbs to Pune blast injuries, toll 11
Aditya, 24, was a fourth year student of Bharatiya Vidyapeeth in Pune.
Pune: A student from New Delhi, Aditya Jaiprakash Mehta, who was injured in Saturday's terror blast here, succumbed to his injuries in a hospital here early Wednesday, police said.
According to an official of the Pune Police Control Room, Aditya, 24, was a fourth year student of Bharatiya Vidyapeeth, an engineering college in the city.
Mehta died around 4 hrs IST on Wednesday at the Jehangir Hospital in Pune, the official said.
His relatives have already arrived here from New Delhi and the formalities to hand over the body are being completed.
With this, the toll in the blast at Pune's German Bakery goes up to 11. Nine people died the same evening, and one Abhishek Saxena, a student of DY Patil College - succumbed to his injuries Tuesday.
At least 37 more victims are still undergoing treatment in various city hospitals. The bomb in backpacks -- a mixture of RDX and ammonium nitrate -- injured 57 people in all.
The well-known German Bakery in the fashionable Koregaon Park area was packed on the eve of Valentine's Day when the bomb went off.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?