Delhi transport official arrested for raping NRI woman
In the complaint, the woman said Narendra Sharma had sex with her several times in India and Australia on the promise of marrying her.
New Delhi: A Delhi transport department official was arrested on a complaint by a non-resident Indian (NRI) woman who said he raped her in India and Australia on several occasions, police said on Thursday.
"Narendra Sharma, 40, head constable in the Delhi transport department, was arrested on Wednesday from his house at Palam in west Delhi," said a Delhi Police officer.
The victim, a married woman from Australia whose estranged husband lives in New Zealand, gave a complaint against Sharma, a friend of her husband, to police March 9, the officer said.
In the complaint, the victim said Sharma had sex with her several times in India and Australia on the promise of marrying her. But when she insisted that the two should get married, he refused and threatened her, police said.
She said Sharma also beat her up, police said.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties