Delhi: Walia seeks proper arrangements for Ramzan
He also asked officials to ensure proper sanitation in the area, especially around mosques.
New Delhi: Delhi Health Minister AK Walia on Monday asked state government agencies and police to make all the necessary arrangements and maintain law and order during the Muslim holy month of Ramzan.
Walia, also represents Laxmi Nagar constituency in east Delhi, asked East Delhi Municipal Corporation officials to ensure proper sanitation in the area, especially around mosques.
Ramzan is starting from July 10. "He directed that the accumulated malba (debris) and garbage should immediately be removed. The roads, streets and lanes must be treated with lime to ensure better cleanliness," said a Delhi government official.
Delhi Jal Board was also asked to ensure round-the-clock water supply by deploying water tankers near mosques. The water must be replenished from time to time, Walia directed.
In meeting, he also the power discom in the area to provide interrupted supply of electricity, especially during the nights. He also requested Delhi Police to step up the security during Ramzan.
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev
- Karan Johar, Nimrat Kaur Praise Nikkhil Advani's TV Show
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak