Delhi: Walia seeks proper arrangements for Ramzan
He also asked officials to ensure proper sanitation in the area, especially around mosques.
New Delhi: Delhi Health Minister AK Walia on Monday asked state government agencies and police to make all the necessary arrangements and maintain law and order during the Muslim holy month of Ramzan.
Walia, also represents Laxmi Nagar constituency in east Delhi, asked East Delhi Municipal Corporation officials to ensure proper sanitation in the area, especially around mosques.
Ramzan is starting from July 10. "He directed that the accumulated malba (debris) and garbage should immediately be removed. The roads, streets and lanes must be treated with lime to ensure better cleanliness," said a Delhi government official.
Delhi Jal Board was also asked to ensure round-the-clock water supply by deploying water tankers near mosques. The water must be replenished from time to time, Walia directed.
In meeting, he also the power discom in the area to provide interrupted supply of electricity, especially during the nights. He also requested Delhi Police to step up the security during Ramzan.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines