DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi Waveriders look to maintain clean record vs Uttar Pradesh Wizards
The Delhi Waveriders have a golden opportunity to become the first team to reach the last-four stage without losing a match.
New Delhi: Record chasing Delhi Waveriders would come across an inspired Uttar Pradesh Wizards in their final league match of the Hockey India League here Thursday.
The result of contest will decide the semi-final line-up of the tournament. The Waveriders have a golden opportunity to become the first team to reach the last-four stage without losing a match and given the form they are in, the record looks a definite possibility in front of their home crowd at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium.
However, the Wizards will definitely go all out to end the Waveriders' unbeaten run and avoid the leaders in the semi-final.
The Wizards, who are one of the only two teams to have held the Waveriders to a draw in their 11 matches so far, are currently fourth in the standings with 27 points and a victory Thursday could catapult them to the third spot above the Jaypee Punjab Warriors, who completed their league commitments on 29 points.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar