Delhi: Woman commits suicide after drowning daughter, son
The 30-year-old woman later allegedly hanged herself, a senior police official said.
New Delhi: In a shocking incident, a 30-year-old woman allegedly drowned her children, one in a washing machine and another in a bucket of water, in east Delhi before committing suicide on Wednesday.
The incident took place in Mandawali and it came to light when woman's husband Devender Yadav reached home on Wednesday afternoon. No suicide note was found.
Sarita allegedly drowned her six-year-old daughter in a washing machine. Then she drowned her 11-month-old son in a bucket of water. Later, she hung herself at the first floor of their two storey house, a senior police official said.
"Yadav reached home and repeatedly knocked the door. However, no one answered. He then broke open the door and found the three bodies.
"It appears that Sarita committed suicide. The door was locked from inside," the official said.
Investigators said they have not ruled out foul play and probing all angles. The elderly mother of Devender was on ground floor of the house. A neighbour told police that he heard a heated argument late on Tuesday night from the victims' home.
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- 'Rock On!!' Was Shraddha Kapoor's Favourite Film During Her Growing Up Years
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pakistan's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 5
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta