Delhi: Woman commits suicide after drowning daughter, son
The 30-year-old woman later allegedly hanged herself, a senior police official said.
New Delhi: In a shocking incident, a 30-year-old woman allegedly drowned her children, one in a washing machine and another in a bucket of water, in east Delhi before committing suicide on Wednesday.
The incident took place in Mandawali and it came to light when woman's husband Devender Yadav reached home on Wednesday afternoon. No suicide note was found.
Sarita allegedly drowned her six-year-old daughter in a washing machine. Then she drowned her 11-month-old son in a bucket of water. Later, she hung herself at the first floor of their two storey house, a senior police official said.
"Yadav reached home and repeatedly knocked the door. However, no one answered. He then broke open the door and found the three bodies.
"It appears that Sarita committed suicide. The door was locked from inside," the official said.
Investigators said they have not ruled out foul play and probing all angles. The elderly mother of Devender was on ground floor of the house. A neighbour told police that he heard a heated argument late on Tuesday night from the victims' home.
- Rishi, Neetu and Riddhima Post Messages For Ranbir Kapoor On His Birthday
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Ranbir Kapoor Dodges Question on MNS Ultimatum to Pakistani Artists
- Jordanian Writer Assassinated Over Controversial Cartoon
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Visitors Banned from Taking Photo, Video of Parliament House Complex
- BJP Accuses AAP of Nepotism, Alleges it Gave Contractual Jobs to Volunteers
- Eyeing Punjab, Kejriwal Meets Radha Soami Sect Chief at Beas