Delhi: Woman consumes poison outside a metro station
"According to Shilpa's parents, she was depressed due to dowry harassment by her in-laws," said police.
New Delhi: A 25-year-old woman committed suicide by consuming poison outside a Metro station in the national capital, police said on Sunday. Her husband and in-laws have been arrested for alleged dowry harassment.
"Shilpa was found lying unconscious outside Dwarka Sector 12 Metro Station in the morning. She was spotted by a Metro security personnel," said a police officer. No suicide note was found. According to Shilpa's parents, she was depressed due to dowry harassment by her in-laws, police said.
Shilpa married Deepak, a tutor and a resident of Vishnu Garden in west Delhi, a year ago. "Deepak, Shilpa's father-in-law Yogesh and mother-in-law Usha were arrested," said the police officer.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away