Delhi: Woman consumes poison outside a metro station
"According to Shilpa's parents, she was depressed due to dowry harassment by her in-laws," said police.
New Delhi: A 25-year-old woman committed suicide by consuming poison outside a Metro station in the national capital, police said on Sunday. Her husband and in-laws have been arrested for alleged dowry harassment.
"Shilpa was found lying unconscious outside Dwarka Sector 12 Metro Station in the morning. She was spotted by a Metro security personnel," said a police officer. No suicide note was found. According to Shilpa's parents, she was depressed due to dowry harassment by her in-laws, police said.
Shilpa married Deepak, a tutor and a resident of Vishnu Garden in west Delhi, a year ago. "Deepak, Shilpa's father-in-law Yogesh and mother-in-law Usha were arrested," said the police officer.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right