Delhi's infamous 'Bunty Chor' now strikes in Kerala
Reportedly, Bunty was planning to rob the Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple, which hit headlines after a treasure estimated to be valued at over Rs 1 lakh crore was found in it.
Thiruvananthapuram: Delhi's infamous Bunty Chor, who committed over 500 burglaries across the country, has struck in Kerala, the police said on Wednesday. Devinder Singh, alias Bunty Chor, reportedly broke into a high security home with latest electronic surveillance devices in the early hours of January 21 and drove off with a brand new SUV worth Rs 28 lakh, a laptop and two mobile phones.
The house belongs to Venugopalan Nair, a businessman in the UAE. The house had several closed circuit cameras (CCTV), a security alarm and windows with bullet-proof glasses. Nair had switched off the alarm close to midnight before he, his wife and two children went to sleep. When they woke up, the SUV was gone, a bullet-proof glass had been removed and some CCTVs were broken.
However, some cameras had recorded a well-dressed man in the house at night. After his picture was flashed on TV channels, a manager of a hotel identified him as a man who had stayed in the hotel for two days. The man was identified as Devinder Singh, alias Bunty Chor.
Media reports said that Bunty was planning to rob the Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple, which hit headlines after a treasure estimated to be valued at over Rs 1 lakh crore was found in it. "It appears he was helped by some locals. Kerala Police are on his trail," state Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan said.
A Bollywood movie, 'Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye' starring Abhay Deol, was made in 2008 on Bunty Chor's life. After serving a prison sentence, Bunty Chor was a contestant in 'Bigg Boss Season 4' aired on TV channel Colors in 2010. It was not clear whether he stole anything from the Bigg Boss House.
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18