Demonetisation Bitter Pill, Will Have Healthy Impact on Economy: Ramdev
Hailing PM Modi's demonetisation move, Ramdev said it is a 'bitter pill' but it will have a 'healthy impact' on the Indian economy.
Yoga Guru Ramdev (File Photo/Reuters)
Yoga guru Ramdev on Tuesday described the Centre's demonetisation as a "bitter pill" but said it will have a "healthy impact" on the Indian economy.
"Demonetisation is posing some problems to commoners. It is an issue which will wither in a few more days. It is like a bitter pill for the Indian economy but it is going to have a good impact," he told reporters here.
"The opposition had called a 'Bharat bandh' yesterday to protest against demonetisation but the people stood by the decision of scrapping high-value currency notes. This shows that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has taken a bold step to demonetise the old Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes. He has also won the people's confidence with this move," Ramdev added.
He congratulated Shivraj Singh Chouhan for completing 11 years in office as the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister on Tuesday.
Ramdev said Chouhan, as chief minister, had worked for the welfare of farmers, labourers, Dalits and the oppressed, adding that Madhya Pradesh had "excelled" in agriculture, industry, health, education and other sectors under his leadership.
The prime minister, on November 8, had announced his government's decision to demonetise Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 currency notes.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 11: Vikas Gupta Plans To Divide His Entire Prize Money Between These Two Contestants
- Let's Take Padmaavat For What It Is- A Film, Not A Community Validation Stamp
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More
- 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift - All You Need to Know - Price, Features, Mileage [Video]
- These Qualities will Determine If You're a Morning or Night Person