Demonetisation Bitter Pill, Will Have Healthy Impact on Economy: Ramdev
Yoga Guru Ramdev (File Photo/Reuters)
Yoga guru Ramdev on Tuesday described the Centre's demonetisation as a "bitter pill" but said it will have a "healthy impact" on the Indian economy.
"Demonetisation is posing some problems to commoners. It is an issue which will wither in a few more days. It is like a bitter pill for the Indian economy but it is going to have a good impact," he told reporters here.
"The opposition had called a 'Bharat bandh' yesterday to protest against demonetisation but the people stood by the decision of scrapping high-value currency notes. This shows that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has taken a bold step to demonetise the old Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes. He has also won the people's confidence with this move," Ramdev added.
He congratulated Shivraj Singh Chouhan for completing 11 years in office as the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister on Tuesday.
Ramdev said Chouhan, as chief minister, had worked for the welfare of farmers, labourers, Dalits and the oppressed, adding that Madhya Pradesh had "excelled" in agriculture, industry, health, education and other sectors under his leadership.
The prime minister, on November 8, had announced his government's decision to demonetise Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 currency notes.
Recommended For You
- National Flag Protest: Oppo India Acknowledges 'Incident', Deeply Regrets it
- Akshay Attends Naam Shabana Screening With Women Police Officers
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Virender Sehwag Calls Steve Smith 'Tubelight' and Virat Kohli 'Holder'
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?