Demonetisation was Tough Decision but People Supported it: PM
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday that demonetisation was a very tough decision for him to take but the people stood by him.
Modi thanked the people of the country for standing by him in every decision . (Image: PTI)
Guwahati: Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday that demonetisation was a very tough decision for him to take but the people stood by him.
On the third anniversary of the BJP-led NDA government, Modi thanked the 1.25 crore people of the country for standing by him in every decision his government took.
“Demonetisation was a very tough decision. Political leaders (Opposition) tried to create anger and provoke the people. But with the people’s blessings, my government withstood all the problems. Our support grew, despite tough decisions. People can see the change now,” the PM said.
On the issue of black money, Modi said, “We had decided to take strong steps against black money in the very first meeting of the Cabinet. The black money seized from the corrupt will go back to the poor. I’ll face problems, but won’t hesitate to do it as I had promised this to the people”.
Recommended For You
- Sumit Nagal Stuns Yuki Bhambri, Enters Maiden Challenger Final
- Lionel Messi Receives 4th Golden Shoe as Europe's Top Scorer, Equals Ronaldo
- Coco Movie Review: The Pixar Film Provides Audience With an Immersive Showcase of Mexican Culture
- Jeep Recalls 1200 Compass SUV's in India Over Faulty Airbags
- Padmavati Row: Alia Bhatt Blames Govt Inaction For Deadly Turn of Events