Demonetisation was Tough Decision but People Supported it: PM
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday that demonetisation was a very tough decision for him to take but the people stood by him.
Modi thanked the people of the country for standing by him in every decision . (Image: PTI)
Guwahati: Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday that demonetisation was a very tough decision for him to take but the people stood by him.
On the third anniversary of the BJP-led NDA government, Modi thanked the 1.25 crore people of the country for standing by him in every decision his government took.
“Demonetisation was a very tough decision. Political leaders (Opposition) tried to create anger and provoke the people. But with the people’s blessings, my government withstood all the problems. Our support grew, despite tough decisions. People can see the change now,” the PM said.
On the issue of black money, Modi said, “We had decided to take strong steps against black money in the very first meeting of the Cabinet. The black money seized from the corrupt will go back to the poor. I’ll face problems, but won’t hesitate to do it as I had promised this to the people”.
Recommended For You
- Ola Outstation Review: Perfect Ride For Last Minute Weekend Plans
- Virat Kohli & Co Eye Ninth Successive Win in Indore ODI
- ASEAN-India Artists' Camp: Bringing Together Art, Culture and Traditions of 11 Countries
- Kuldeep Hat-trick Reminds Harbhajan of his Own Achievement
- Breaking Myths With Mandira Bedi: Crunches Are The Key To Get Flat Abs