Monsoon arrival results in dengue outbreak in Kerala, Karnataka
Reportedly 143 people have tested positive for dengue in Karnataka.
Thiruvananthapuram: With the arrival of monsoons, southern states are reporting outbreaks dengue. Six deaths have been reported in Kerala, and four in Karnataka. Reportedly 143 people have tested positive for dengue in Karnataka.
However, the spread of various types of viral fever, including a large number of dengue and a few cumulative H1N1 cases, is causing grave concern across the state with its public health care system struggling to cope with the situation.
The onset of monsoon over Kerala and Lakshadweep was declared by the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) on Tuesday, forecasting its further advance to bring good rains in the coming days.
With Additional Inputs from IANS
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story
- Virat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings