Denied visa, Butler won't spend birthday in India
'PS I Love You' star Gerard Butler's last-minute plan to spend his birthday in India was wrecked.
Los Angeles: 'PS I Love You' star Gerard Butler's last-minute plan to spend his birthday in India was wrecked after he failed to leave enough time to obtain a visa.
The 43-year-old Scottish actor, who was in Dubai recently for a store opening, decided to take an impromptu trip to nearby India for the post-birthday celebrations, reported Hollywood life.
Butler celebrated his birthday on November 13 and the same day he headed to the Indian embassy in Dubai for a travel permit but had to abandon his plan when he was told the documents would not be available for a week.
"I am very disorganised. So at the last minute here in Dubai, I decided I wanted to go to India for my birthday. But I went to the embassy here today (Wednesday). They were excited to see me, but they said 'No' and that it would take seven days. So this year, I will go to Scotland and spend time with my family," he said.
Butler has turned producer for upcoming film 'Playing for Keeps', where he is also acting. The film will hit theatres on December 7.
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams