Dense Fog in Haryana, Punjab: Road, Rail Traffic Hit
File image (Courtesy: Network18)
Chandigarh: Dense fog in several areas of Haryana and Punjab affected life in both states on Thursday morning.
Road and rail services were affected with traffic moving slowly.
Reports from various places said that visibility was reduced to 50-200 metres at different places.
Hisar and its surrounding areas in Haryana were engulfed in thick fog on Thursday morning with visibility reduced to 50 to 100 metres.
Traffic movement on the busy National HIghway (NH-1), which runs through Punjab and Haryana, connecting Amritsar with Delhi, was also affected due to fog.
Moderate to dense fog was reported from several parts of the national capital region (NCR) in Haryana comprising districts of Gurugram, Faridabad, Jhajjar, Hisar, Bhiwani, Sonipat, Panipat, Karnal and Rohtak.
Dense fog was reported from several areas of the NH-1 between Ambala and Kundli border of Haryana and Delhi.
A few trains were running behind schedule due to the fog.
In Punjab, fog was reported from Amritsar, Ludhiana and Jalandhar districts.
The minimum temperature at most places in Haryana and Punjab hovered around 8-10 degrees Celsius.
Met officials here said that foggy weather would prevail over the next few days.
Recommended For You
- QUITTING ON TOPList of Champions Who Suddenly Called it Quits
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- Film ReviewMoana Movie Review: This Disney Adventure is Magical and Inspirational
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet