Dentist found hanging under mysterious circumstances
Both husband and wife had returned home in an inebriated state after attending a cocktail party on Thursday night.
Amritsar: A woman dentist was on Friday found dead under suspicious circumstances at her residence in Amritsar. Body of Ritu, who was running a private dental clinic, was found hanging from a ceiling fan on Friday morning by her husband, said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Punjab) Amrik Singh Pawar.
Both husband and wife had returned home in an inebriated state after attending a cocktail party on Thursday night and on Friday morning the former found Ritu's body hanging, he added.
While police are suspecting it to be a case of suicide, neighbours have been insistent that a murder case be registered against the husband. Ritu's husband has claimed that there was no dispute between the couple and feigned ignorance over what could be the reason for her to commit suicide, ADCP said.
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor