Deputy Speaker Post: Choice may fall on tribal
BHUBANESWAR: The lobbying for the post of deputy speaker has intensified among the BJD legislators with the issue of notification ..
BHUBANESWAR: The lobbying for the post of deputy speaker has intensified among the BJD legislators with the issue of notification for the Monsoon Session of the Assembly beginning August 17.
The post has fallen vacant after Deputy Speaker Lalbihari Himirika was inducted into the Cabinet in the May reshuffle. Sources said a noncontroversial person, who is an MLA for at least two terms, will be chosen. MLAs having organisational responsibility at the district and State levels will be avoided. Even though several senior MLAs are in the race for the post, a Scheduled Tribe MLA may be the dark horse. Baripada MLA Sananda Marandi seems to be ahead of others in the race. Others are Prafulla Mallick, Anant Das, Parsuram Panigrahi and Nrusingha Charan Sahu. A section in the party maintained that Banki MLA Pravat Tripathy may also make the cut.
No decision has been taken on successor to Niranjan Panda, chairperson of the Western Orissa Development Council (WODC), who demitted office on Saturday. ENS
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion