MP: 25 injured as train gets derailed
Twelve people have been injured, out of which five have been grievously injured, railway officials said.
New Delhi: Seven coaches of the Lokmanya Tilak Superfast train got derailed on Monday at 6:20 am Bhopal's Bina section near Sorai in Madhya Pradesh.
Twenty-five people have been injured, out of which five have been grievously injured, railway officials said.
Relief and rescue operations are over and passengers have been evacuated. The injured passengers have been taken to Vidisha district hospital.
"Three bogies of the train overturned, four others jumped off the track disrupting rail traffic on both up and down lines between Bhopal and New Delhi," District Collector C B Singh told.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology