Mahabodhi temple blasts: Police detain one person for questioning
The five-member NIA team comprising a DIG and two SPs reached Gaya by a special plane to the Mahabodhi temple to start investigations.
Bodh Gaya: Taking the investigations forward in the Mahabodhi temple serial blasts that shook the nation on Sunday morning, police on Sunday night detained one person from Bodh Gaya, Bihar for questioning. The person is suspected to be involved in these terror attacks and is now presently being quizzed by the police.
Meanwhile, an NIA team also arrived in Bodh Gaya to probe the terror attack at the world famous Mahabodhi temple and adjoining areas, a police officer said. The five-member NIA team comprising a DIG and two SPs reached Gaya by a special plane from New Delhi and drove straight to the Mahabodhi temple to start investigations, Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), Gaya Range, Nayyar Hasnain Khan, said.
None of the NIA officials spoke to the waiting media and briskly walked towards the famous Buddhist shrine. Nine serial blasts, four of them in Mahabodhi temple, had rocked the temple town in the early hours of Sunday, leaving two monks injured.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- Steve O'Keefe Hailed As 'Superhero' by Australian Media