Developing nations should work together: Prez
President Pratibha Patil said India is willing to share its development experiences and expertise with other countries.
New Delhi: Welcoming the envoys of 12 countries, President Pratibha Patil on Tuesday said it was very important to work together and have institutions in which the voices from developing countries find expression owing to the global financial crisis and developments in the Euro zone.
"Improved financial governance, employment generation, promoting trade and investments are essential," said Pratibha.
She said that India is willing to share its development experiences and expertise with other countries in the context of South-South co-operation.
The envoys who presented their credentials were Nancy J Powell (US), Ioannis E Raptakis (Greece), Larbi Reffouh (Morocco), Ali Illiassou (Niger), Aashna Wandani Radha Kanhai (Surinam), Waven Winslow William (Seychelles), Susan Yoyo Sikaneta (Zambia), Feilim McLaughlin (Ireland), Sanjaasuren Bayaraa (Mongolia), Linus von Castelmur (Switzerland), Maria Michael (Cyprus) and Alexandre Cece Loua (Guinea).
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua