Devices connected to internet set to reach 15 bn by 2015
Devices connected to the internet will reach 15 billion by 2015 and later to 50 billion by 2020.
Visakhapatnam: Devices connected to the internet will reach 15 billion by 2015 and later to 50 billion by 2020, Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad Director Professor U B Desai said here.
"Coming together of web technologies, mobile computer and communication technologies have greatly enhanced the capabilities of global reach even for the common man, opening several opportunities and possibilities for better living," he added, at a two-day national conference on 'Advanced
Communication and Computer Technologies, organised by the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), Visakhapatnam centre at the National Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL) here.
IETE president R K Gupta highlighted the role played by his organisation in reducing the digital divide by bringing together students, practicing professionals and industry.
IETE chairman, Visakhpatnam centre and Director NSTL S V Ranga Rajan said that 110 papers were shortlisted out of 160 papers presented by delegates in the area of communication technologies, image processing, microwaves and antennas, embedded systems, radar and sonar signal processing and
Recommended For You
- Australian Open 2017: Andy Murray Knocked Out By Mischa Zverev
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- Madonna, Scarlett Johansson, Ashley Judd Slam Trump at Women's March
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa Gets Evicted From The House
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More