Devices connected to internet set to reach 15 bn by 2015
Devices connected to the internet will reach 15 billion by 2015 and later to 50 billion by 2020.
Visakhapatnam: Devices connected to the internet will reach 15 billion by 2015 and later to 50 billion by 2020, Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad Director Professor U B Desai said here.
"Coming together of web technologies, mobile computer and communication technologies have greatly enhanced the capabilities of global reach even for the common man, opening several opportunities and possibilities for better living," he added, at a two-day national conference on 'Advanced
Communication and Computer Technologies, organised by the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), Visakhapatnam centre at the National Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL) here.
IETE president R K Gupta highlighted the role played by his organisation in reducing the digital divide by bringing together students, practicing professionals and industry.
IETE chairman, Visakhpatnam centre and Director NSTL S V Ranga Rajan said that 110 papers were shortlisted out of 160 papers presented by delegates in the area of communication technologies, image processing, microwaves and antennas, embedded systems, radar and sonar signal processing and
Recommended For You
- Ajinkya Rahane Just Walked Out & Said I Will Dominate: KL Rahul
- National Flag Protest: Oppo India Acknowledges 'Incident', Deeply Regrets it
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Spider Man Home Coming Trailer Has a Lot of Iron Man in It