DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Dhanapal all set to be elected Tamil Nadu Speaker
With no party choosing to contest his candidature, AIADMK nominee P Dhanapal is all set to be elected as Speaker.
Chennai: With no party choosing to contest his candidature, AIADMK nominee P Dhanapal is all set to be elected as Speaker of his party dominated Tamil Nadu Assembly, election for which is scheduled on Wednesday. The Rasipuram (SC) legislator will be the first Dalit Speaker to occupy the Chair after a gap of nearly 50 years.
Formerly Deputy Speaker after the AIADMK came to power last year, he will be elevated following the surprise resignation of D Jayakumar from the Speaker's post recently. The AIADMK has a massive majority of 151 MLAs in the 234-member House, virtually making it impossible for any other aspirant to be chosen as Speaker.
Meanwhile, with the posts of Speaker and Deputy Speaker lying vacant, Governor K Rosaiah today appointed Kilvaithinankuppam (SC) MLA CK Thamizharsan as pro-tem
Speaker. Thamizharsan was appointed "Speaker till the election of the Speaker by the said House on October 10," a government notification here said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Pirates of The Caribbean-Salazar's Revenge Review: This One Doesn't Disappoint
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs