Dhanush's '3' to hit the screens on March 30
The Hindi rights for the movie have been sold for a record price.
New Delhi: After creating waves world-over with its 'Why this Kolaveri Di' number, Dhanush-starrer '3' is now eyeing a nationwide release on March 30, with more prints being readied for its dubbed Hindi version than the original Tamil movie!
"We have decided to release the film with 400 prints in Tamil and 600 prints for the Hindi version," confirmed the film's producer Kastoori Raja.
His RK Productions and Dhanush's Wunderbar Films are jointly producing this romantic flick directed by Aishwarya R Dhanush. The Hindi rights for the movie have been sold for a record price.
Being Aishwarya's directorial debut, the father-in-law did have his doubts about her filmmaking ability, he confessed. "I was initially reluctant to say 'OK' to this project though Aishwarya showed me a video she had made. But I couldn't say 'No' after Dhanush showed me the script because it was so good. It's amazing that she took only 50 days to complete the movie," said Kastoori Raja, a filmmaker himself.
Sound designer Resul Pookutty's contribution has elevated the film to a whole new level, he said. Kastoori Raja, who is known for his village-based scripts like 'En Rasavin Manasilay' and 'Naatuppura Paatu', will soon direct a movie in Malayalam, which could be a remake of one of his Tamil flicks.
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- When she was born, there was no joy and celebration: Kangana Ranaut's father recalls her birth
- Kangana Ranaut wished to make a film on sister, acid attack survivor Rangoli's life
- At paltry Rs 150 crore, gold bonds scheme fails to glitter