Dharmendra to get Phalke Ratna award
The award will be given away at a ceremony in Mumbai on May 3rd
New Delhi: Yesteryear's star Dharmendra, 75, will receive the Phalke Ratna, the highest award by the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy, for over five decades of contribution to Indian cinema. The award will be given away at a ceremony in Mumbai on May 3rd.
He was last seen in Yamla Pagla Deewana, and is still raring to go.
"Yesteryear's star Asha Parekh will also be honoured with the legendary icon actress award at the event," Ashok Shekhar, director of events, Dadasaheb Phalke Academy, told.
Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji, too, is in the que to get an award this year. She will be honoured for her "outstanding performance" as a journalist in Rajkumar Gupta's No One Killed Jessica, while Priyanka Chopra will be honoured for her "memorable performance" in Vishal Bharadwaj's 7 Khoon Maaf.
Hit couple Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma will be awarded for their performance in Band Baaja Baaraat, and Arbaaz Khan will be bestowed with the debutant producer award for his superhit project Dabangg.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone